Here is some exciting news from Disney Destinations about The International Festival of the Arts.
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts, held Jan. 17 – Feb. 24, 2020, at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, celebrates the very best in visual, culinary and performing arts by bringing in professional artists to share their talent and expertise. Returning to the festival this year is the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, with three daily performances headlined by Broadway stars who reprise favorite songs from past performances in award-winning shows.
Heidi Blickenstaff and Gavin Lee will be among the first performers to grace the stage of America Gardens Theater for this fan-favorite concert series. Heidi is best known for her starring role as Ursula in Disney on Broadway’s “The Little Mermaid.” Gavin received a Tony Award nomination for his Broadway performance as Bert in Disney’s “Mary Poppins” and most recently played Lumière in the 25th-anniversary production of “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.”
The duo will perform five nights of shows beginning Jan. 18, including a special performance alongside fellow Broadway legends Alton Fitzgerald White and Kissy Simmons.
Here’s the full lineup of show-stopping talent for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21 and 24 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“THE LION KING”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5 and 6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Jan. 27, 30, 31, Feb. 3, 4, 7 and 8 – Liana Hunt (“Newsies”) and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 9 – Special performance featuring Lindsay, Massey, Hunt and Jacobs
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and 21 – Syndee Winters (“The Lion King”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 24 – Special performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Winters and Scott.
All shows are performed at America Gardens Theatre and are included with theme park admission. The best way to experience a performance is by reserving a Disney on Broadway Dining Package, which guarantees seating for one show on the day of the dining experience. Packages at participating Epcot restaurants are now booking.
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island” – Walt Disney
Traci is the author/editor of The Infinity Mouse. She has been a lifelong fan of all things Disney that started when her parents took her to Disney World for the first time in 1978. Since then she has visited Disney World and Disneyland multiple times. In the fall of 2018 she and her husband moved to Florida to begin a new chapter in life as empty nesters. They decided being close to The Mouse and beaches was where they wanted to be. She loves sharing all things Disney with people. Her goal is to share Disney happiness to those who can’t visit the happiest place on earth and to share information about what is happening in and around Disney with everyone. She is also the owner of To Infinity and Beyond Travel and specializes in making Disney dreams come true. So whether you want to travel to see The Mouse, or just want to stay up on all Disney happenings, she hopes to spread pixie dust to everyone.